The Diaconate Ministry
The Diaconate Ministry constitutes the lay ministry of the church and is called by church membership to represent Christ by encouraging and enabling spiritual growth for people of all ages; assisting in meeting the pastoral needs of our members and friends of our church and by welcoming and integrating new people into our life and ministry.
Responsibilities may include:
• Attending monthly meetings.
• Correspondence with members.
• Providing for and assisting in administering Holy Communion.
• Assisting minister in baptism ceremonies and the reception of new
• Scheduling ushers, greeters and fellowship hour hosts.
• Provide support and guidance to the confirmation program.
• Offering presence and support to staff at funerals and weddings.
• Working with Visitation ministry to ensure the pastoral needs of
our members and friends are met.
• Shepherding new members.
• Initiating and offering programming to encourage spiritual growth.